Did you know that the most important object in your golf bag isn’t your favorite wedge or fairway wood?
As great as those golf clubs are, they can’t perform at their highest potential without a solid cleaning brush. Many golfers don’t realize that failing to clean the grooves of their clubs can cost them lots of precious distance.
Now that you know how crucial it is to have a solid cleaning brush in your bag, you may have questions about which 1 to buy. We’ve compiled the following list of the 7 best golf club cleaning brushes on the market. Any of these will help your golf clubs look and perform at their best.
What to Look for in a Good Club Cleaning Brush
Not sure what to look for when buying a new golf club cleaning brush? We’ve got you covered. Here’s a short list of the top qualities to look for:
- Groove Cleaning Spike: This is an absolute must for cleaning irons. This spike must be small enough to fit into each groove to remove any dirt or debris. It also needs to be sturdy enough to hold up well over time.
- Carabiner Clip: This allows you to clip your cleaning brush onto the side of your golf bag. This will enable you to clean your clubs after each shot if needed.
- High Durability: You want a golf club cleaner brush that will last a long time. This isn’t an item that you want to spend money on constantly.
- Low Price: A good golf club brush doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Find a good deal so that you’ll have more money for golf balls.
The Top 7 Golf Club Cleaning Brushes
1. HELLAFOR Golf Club Cleaning Kit (Best Overall)
- 3 piece club cleaning kit has all you need for cleaning woods or irons
- Bottle perfectly dispenses water or club cleaner while you’re scrubbing your clubs
- The waffle-patterned golf towel easily removes dirt, sand, and grime
- All 3 items come with a carabiner clip to snap onto your golf bag
- The cleaner brush has a soft nylon side and a stiff wire side
- The retractable cord automatically snaps back into place when you let go of it
- The kit includes lots of items, but the overall cost is a bit high
- Some have had leaking issues with the bottle
This cleaning kit has all the bells and whistles, so we made it our top choice. It comes with a golf towel, a cleaning brush, a bottle that’ll hold water or club groove cleaner, and a carabiner clip for added convenience. It also has a sharp spike on the end to clean the grooves of your clubs.
2. Yoport Golf Club Brush and Club Groove Cleaner (Best Value)
For an excellent no-nonsense golf club brush at a fantastic price, look no further than this option from Yoport. It’s available in 3 different colors and does a great job of getting all the junk from the course off your clubs. If you’ve lost any amount of spin on your irons, this club brush will quickly restore it.
- Made with tough wire bristles to quickly and effectively clean the grooves of your golf clubs
- Cleaner grooves will give golfers more distance and accuracy on every approach shot
- The handle is specifically designed to strike the perfect balance between softness and durability
- It makes an affordable gift for any golfer in your life
- It can be used to clean both golf clubs and golf shoes
- It comes with a 2-foot zip line with a carabiner on the end that easily snaps onto your golf bag
- It provides a clean finish without the need to wipe down the clubhead
- Trusted by tons of golf enthusiasts around the globe
- The plastic cap on the groove cleaner can be tough to remove
- Some have had some issues with the retractable zipline
3. Thiodoon 2 Pack of Golf Club Brushes with Groove Cleaners (Best Handle)
- Currently on sale for 50% off its regular price
- It comes with nylon bristles to remove dust and dirt
- The opposite side of the brush has wire bristles to remove any type of mud or grime
- Designed with sharpeners that’ll take all debris out of the grooves of your irons
- The handle is specifically designed to be ergonomic, which means it’s easier on the hands and wrists
- The contact area of this brush is 2.5 times larger than others on the market
- If you choose the magnet attachment, some have said it isn’t quite strong enough
- Some have had problems with the wire bristles fraying after several uses
Of all the golf brushes on our list, this one gets the honor of having the best handle. It provides a comfortable grip, is easy on the wrist, and comes in striking colors. These are sold in a pack of 2, so you can keep 1 brush snapped onto your golf bag and a backup squirreled away elsewhere.
4. XinTan Tiger Golf Club Brush Groove Cleaner
- Outstanding price whether you choose the 2-pack or the single pack
- Both the handle and the bristles will hold up well over time
- Comes with a spike on top to thoroughly clean your club grooves
- The carabiner is made of aluminum so that it won’t rust easily
- The protective case increases the durability of the bristles
- Makes it easy to clean your clubs after each golf shot
- This brush is lightweight and won’t take up too much room
- The rubber cap on top of the spike can be difficult to take off
- A few golfers have had problems with the wire bristles coming off after a few rounds
Here’s another affordable golf club brush. We like that this unit comes with a protective case covering the bristles. The zipline also stretches out to 26 inches!
5. CHAMPKEY PRO Retractable Golf Club Brush
- The brush head is 2.5 times larger than most other golf club brushes on the market
- The handle is specifically designed for maximum comfort
- The handle also has a unique texture that provides plenty of traction and grip
- Has a retractable spike to clean each groove of your golf club
- Fantastic price
- Lightweight, so it won’t weigh down your golf bag
- Only available in 3 colors
- Some have had durability issues from the clip and the retractable cord
If you want clean golf clubs in the shortest amount of time, this may be your best bet. This golf club brush has one of the most prominent heads on the market, which helps golfers get their clubs clean in a hurry. The handle is also designed to be ergonomically friendly, so your hands won’t have to work very hard.
6. Callaway Premium Golf Club Brush With Retractable Cord
- Callaway is one of the most trusted names in the golf world
- The brush is easy to use and easy on the hands
- It can be used to clean both golf clubs and golf shoes, which is a nice plus
- It comes with a durable carabiner clip to hang off the side of your golf bag
- It has both soft and hard nylon bristles to make cleaning your clubs a breeze
- Designed to be gentle on your irons and not scratch them
- Lack of wire bristles could make cleaning heavy grime and dirt more difficult
- There is no spike, so cleaning the grooves of your irons could be a hassle
Though Callaway is more well known for making golf clubs and golf balls, they also offer some nice golf club brushes. With this brush, golfers can easily clean both their clubs and shoes. Callaway made this brush with ergonomics in mind, so it’ll be easy on any golfer’s hands.
7. KVV Golf Club Brush with Magnetic Clasp & Rubber Grip
- It has a nylon brush for cleaning woods and a wire brush for cleaning irons
- It comes with a magnetic button so that you can easily remove it from your golf bag
- The grip is made with a non-slip texture, so your hands won’t have to work too hard
- The groove cleaner pin can be extended or hidden for greater safety
- Available with a regular grip or an oversized grip
- The spike can be used to clean golf clubs or golf shoes
- Some golfers have said that the magnet isn’t as strong as it should be
- It has a smaller brush head than some other brands on the market
Here’s another solid golf club brush at a ridiculously low price. KVV offers this brush in 5 different colors, and each one is less than $7. With 2 different brushes and a groove cleaning spike, it has everything that golfers need to get their clubs incredibly clean.