I’ve had some of my best days on the golf course when it was raining outside. However, to make playing golf in the rain an enjoyable experience, you must have the proper gear to keep you from feeling uncomfortably drenched.
A waterproof golf hat is one of the most essential pieces of rain gear for golfers. There are a ton of golf rain hats available, so finding the right one can take time and effort.
To help with that, we’ve researched and compared a bunch of them and compiled the following list of the 10 best golf rain hats. Now a popup shower won’t ruin your next round of golf!
How We Came Up With This List
To find the best golf rain hats on the market, we carefully considered a variety of important factors. First, each golf rain hat on our list had to be made of a waterproof material. We know there’s nothing worse than buying a piece of rain gear that claims to be waterproof but isn’t.
Next, we searched for golf hats that were lightweight. This is key to ensuring a comfortable fit on a rainy day. Golfers don’t need a hat that will weigh them down during rainy weather.
Last but certainly not least, we wanted to make sure every golf hat on our list was durable. While other factors like coverage and waterproofing are essential, all of that’s meaningless if the hat doesn’t hold up well over time.
Top 10 Rain Hats for Golf
1. Titleist Men’s StaDry Hat Black / Grey (Best Overall)
- Has a reasonable price point for such a quality item
- One of the most respected brands in the golf world
- It comes with an adjustable closure on the back to give you the perfect fit
- The sleek black and grey colors will still have you styling on a rainy day
- The whole hat is built to repel water, especially the visor
- Some have said the hat’s too big, even with the adjustable fit
- Only available in 1 color and style
Our search for the best golf hat for rainy days on the course was a tight one. While we narrowed the choices down to 3 or 4 options, we settled on Titleist because of this hat’s lightweight, waterproof material. Golfers have been trusting Titleist since the company was founded in 1932.
2. CLAPE Outdoor Hat (Most Budget Friendly)
- Built to hold up in rainy conditions
- Any type of moisture like rain or sweat will dry quickly
- It also repels the sun with its UPF50+ rating
- Affordable for golfers on any kind of budget
- One size fits most
- It has a small opening in the back for folks with long hair
- It comes in 28 different styles
- It can be thrown into a washing machine without durability concerns
- Not an established golf brand like Nike, Titleist, or Adidas
- The size could be too big for some golfers
If you’re looking for value, look no further. The CLAPE outdoor hat is incredibly affordable and comes in 28 different colors. This hat is made up of 80% polyester, one of the world’s most water-resistant materials.
3. Nike UV Bucket Golf Hat Black (Best Bucket Style Rain Hat)
- One of the most established brands in the sports apparel industry
- Bucket-style hat has a wide brim that provides a large amount of coverage from both rain and sunshine
- Made with unique fabrics that dry quickly in any conditions
- It comes with an adjustable nylon drawstring that’ll come in handy on windy days
- Wide brim gives golfers a full 360 degrees of sun coverage
- The drawstring can be removed if needed
- One of the most expensive golf hats on the market
- It only comes in 2 sizes: Medium/Large and Large/Extra Large
PGA Tour golfer Joel Dahmen has made golf bucket hats more popular than ever. Nike has a fantastic option if that also happens to be your style of choice. This golf hat has tiny holes on the side for maximum breathability, and it’s made of 100% polyester to help keep your head dry on even the rainiest days.
4. Lvaiz Waterproof Golf Baseball Cap (Best Baseball Cap Option)
- Made with an unstructured panel so that you can fold it up and keep it in your golf bag
- One of the most lightweight golf hats on the market at only a tad over 2 ounces
- The bill has a 3M belt on it to protect you from the sun
- Most folks love the snap closure and say it fits them perfectly
- Built with a unique headband that will wick away sweat
- Stylish enough to wear both on and off the golf course
- Material isn’t as breathable as some would have liked
- Some have had issues with the seams of the strap on the back
You probably haven’t heard of Lvaiz, but this company makes high-quality sports apparel. This golf baseball cap holds up very well in harsh elements like wind and rain. It’s also breathable and has a reflective bill with a UPF 50+ rating to beat the sun’s deadly rays.
5. FUWODE Wide Brim Rainproof Hat (Most Versatile)
- It comes in some excellent varieties like Camo and Khaki
- Made up of 65% polyester, so it’s a tremendous waterproof bucket hat
- It has an adjustable chin strap so that it’ll stay on your head during windy days on the golf course
- It has a 3.5-inch wide brim, which is one of the largest out there
- Made with a specific fabric that’s UV resistant and UPF50+ rated
- Includes a mesh sweatband on the inside to keep sweat away from your eyes
- It does a phenomenal job of keeping the rain off your neck, face, and head
- Perfect for golf or other outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, or water rafting
- It can’t be put in a regular washer at home; it must be hand-washed only
- Some of the darker colors won’t hold up to water with chlorine in it
Want a rain hat that’s perfect for the golf course and the beach? The FUWODE rainproof hat is possibly your best bet, which is why we named it the most versatile option. This comes in 13 unique styles and color schemes to suit everyone’s tastes.
6. adidas Men’s Victory 4 Bucket Hat (Most Breathable)
- It has extra perforated holes for the max level of breathability and ventilation.
- Made up of 100% polyester so that the rain will bounce right off of it
- It comes with a nylon drawstring that’s easy to adjust to your comfort level
- Provides UPF 50 protection against the sun
- The inside of the hat has one of the thickest sweatbands around to keep you cool and dry
- It has the unique Boonie bucket silhouette design
- Low price for such a big name brand like adidas
- It comes in 7 different colors
- Very lightweight; only a little over 4 ounces
- Hand wash only; it can’t be thrown into a standard washing machine
- Some reviewers have experienced sizing issues since it only comes in Small/Medium and Large/X-Large
Do you sweat more than the average golfer? If so, you need a golf hat that’ll hold up in the rain and keep you cool during the summer. The adidas Men’s Victory 4 bucket hat is just the ticket, and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg like other name brands.
7. Frogg Toggs Waterproof Breathable Boonie Hat (Best Boonie Style)
- It has a 1-inch band on the inside to increase your comfort level
- Easy to wash and can be put into regular washing machines
- Available in Black, Stone, or a Mossy Oak Bottomland style
- 100% Waterproof in any type of weather conditions
- Lightweight and durable
- It will save you packing space since its crushable
- It has a nice tension cord that can easily be adjusted
- It has a shorter brim than other brands
- Only 3 color options
- The brim may be too flimsy for some golfers who play in extreme wind.
More golfers are turning to Boonie-style bucket hats because they can be pressed down and thrown into a golf bag. This is incredibly handy while traveling because you won’t have to worry about warping the shape of your hat. This option from Frogg Toggs is 100% waterproof, so we highly recommend it.
8. EINSKEY Wide Brim Bucket Hat (Best Color Variety)
- 50% off for a limited time, which is a great deal
- Looks great on both men and women golfers
- One of the widest brims on the market at 3.9 inches, which provides maximum coverage against the rain and sun
- It comes with an adjustable chin strap and drawcord for added convenience
- Made of 100% polyester
- It has mesh panels to reduce sweating and keep your head cool
- The built-in sweatband quickly and effectively absorbs sweat
- Great for golfing, camping, or fishing
- Over 29,000 reviewers on Amazon with an average rating of 4.6
- The brim is durable and won’t flap up even in extremely windy conditions
- Some may not like the extremely wide brim
- I have seen some complaints of shipping methods leaving the hat with permanent creases
Are you the type of golfer that likes to have multiple outfits with lots of color options? If so, you’ll love EINSKEY bucket hats because of their wide variety of colors. There are 26 options to choose from, so you’ll never get bored!
9. Mission Cooling Bucket Hat (Best for Summer Months)
- Available in 8 different colors
- It can be washed in a regular washing machine
- Cools your head when wet but repels rainwater
- The cooling panel zones will stay cool for up to 2 hours, which is excellent for summer
- It can be folded for easier packing when traveling
- Soft and comfortable
- Since it has built-in cooling panels, this wouldn’t be an excellent choice for days with cooler temperatures.
- Some reviews have mentioned that the brim can droop at times
Do you live in a hot climate or play lots of golfer during the summer? This Mission cooling bucket hat has built-in cooling mechanisms to keep you comfortable during those hot days on the golf course. Also, since it’s made of 100% polyester, it does a great job of keeping rainwater off your head during a popup shower.
10. SEALSKINZ Waterproof All Weather Cap (Best for Both Women and Men)
- Both the inside and the outside of the cap are made of 100% polyester
- This hat is not only waterproof but windproof as well, which is not something a lot of brands can claim
- Works well in both winter and summer months
- Looks great on both men and women golfers
- It has a buckle on the back that ensures a snug fit
- It has maximum breathability to cut down on excessive sweating
- Stylish enough for on the golf course or off of it
- It holds up well in all temperatures
- The SEALSKINZ brand has been making waterproof sports apparel for over 2 decades.
- The only hat we could find that comes with a lifetime waterproof guarantee
- Great for lots of outdoor activities like golfing, hiking, fishing, or hunting
- Only available in 2 colors: Black and Blue
- The price point is a little high
SEALSKINZ specializes in making hats that hold up well in any type of rough weather. Both men and women golfers will appreciate how dry this hat keeps their heads. This cap has a special waterproof membrane to repel water faster than other brands.